News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Browser Settings Block Linux Mint Downloads

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems Linux – all distros Browser Settings Block Linux Mint Downloads

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Author
        firemind
        AskWoody Lounger

I had a frustrating experience lately with Firefox and Linux Mint. This post in the Mint forums discusses it.  This post could go in the Browser section but it the problem seemed limited to the Mint mirrors and others may face the problems I did.

Firefox could use an exceptions dialogue in the “HTTPS-Only Mode” sextion.

What caused all of this was that I refreshed Firefox because a dumb miss-click put the “other bookmarks” folder on my bookmarks toolbar and Firefox wouldn’t let me delete it. So my bookmarks effectively doubled and my toolbar was messed up.

Refreshing meant I had to fix my addons and about:config (to get the green padlocks back) and fiddle with settings. And then spend time trying to figure out why websites wouldn’t work properly.

Viewing 0 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Browser Settings Block Linux Mint Downloads

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.