News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Browser usage reports: Lies, damn lies and statistics

Home Forums AskWoody blog Browser usage reports: Lies, damn lies and statistics

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rc primak 3 years ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

I’ve come to the conclusion that nobody has the slightest idea whether IE is used more than Chrome or Firefox.InfoWorld Tech Watch.
      [See the full post at: Browser usage reports: Lies, damn lies and statistics]

• #56115 Reply

rc primak

Personally, I don’t choose a browser based on its popularity. I choose my browsers based on performance, stability and ease of maintenance. Chrome and Ie are a ties in those areas, with Firefox requiring significantly more time to maintain.

• #56116 Reply

Walter

I have a website and subscribe to a free hit tracking service. It provides some fascinating information: MSIE 77%; Mozilla 17%; Chrome 4%; all else 2%. I think that answers the question which is used most. That doesn’t mean IE is best. It doesn’t even mean it’s the most popular. It only means it’s used the most by a 4:1 margin.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Browser usage reports: Lies, damn lies and statistics

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.