News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Bypass Windows 10 admin password

Posted on joelirds Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge Bypass Windows 10 admin password

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        joelirds
        AskWoody Lounger

Does anybody know how to bypass Windows 10 admin password? My wife forgot the Dell laptop password and factory reset is not an option here coz there are a few important files on her’s desktop.

• #2308147 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

There are plenty of answers from a quick web search, including booting from a Linux live CD/USB.

cheers, Paul

• #2308782 Reply
        joelirds

I did check the linux trick but it seems too complicated for me. And there are a lot of out dated suggestions in search result.

• #2309407 Reply
          mn–
          AskWoody Lounger

There are also Windows-based live-boot images out there that have a password reset tool.

Hiren’s BootCD/USB is free, Lazesoft’s Home Edition is free, …

… and many of the “outdated” things actually still work too, the “security hive” file format hasn’t changed in a few versions of Windows now. As in XP or earlier I believe.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Bypass Windows 10 admin password

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.