News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Call Block on iPhone SE

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems iOS Call Block on iPhone SE

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        J9438
        AskWoody Plus

Although my cell provider does a great job of stopping many scam calls, some still get through. In looking through my Settings on my iPhone IOS 14.3 I saw one, Settings/Phone/Blocked Contacts. Hey, why not try it? Whoops. A catch. If I click “Add New” it takes me to my Contacts. It will only block numbers in your Contact list. So who wants 100 Contacts named Scam1, Scam2, … in their Contact list? Anyway, thought I would just try one. Added it to Contacts and, as expected, that phone nbr appeared in the Blocked List.

Then I got an idea. What if I delete Scam1 in my contact list. Will that delete the nbr in the Blocked List? Wala! It did not. Problem solved.

Yes, this is a lot of trouble so I ask why does not Apple provide a way on Block Contacts to just type in any number you want to block? That idea is not rocket science. The phone has so many incredible features why not such a simple one?

J9438
        AskWoody Plus

Whoops. Just found there is another way besides going to Settings/Phone/Block Contacts.

Found it in IOS user guide which says, “Tap Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail. Tap the More Info button next to the number or contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.”

Still not quite as good as being able to directly type anytime, as you have to wait until you get a call and not as obvious as going directly into Settings.

Hopes this helps others wanting to Block Calls.

Nathan Parker
        AskWoody_MVP

You can also enable “Silence Unknown Calls”, plus there are a few good call blocking apps out there.

Nathan Parker

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Call Block on iPhone SE

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.