News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Can Office 365 and 2010 coexist?

Posted on MikeyD215 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office Can Office 365 and 2010 coexist?

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        MikeyD215
        AskWoody Plus

I already have Office/Microsoft 365 installed on one desktop and one laptop, but I have a second laptop that still has 2010. Does anyone have any experience with installing 365 and leaving 2010 installed on it as well? Here’s my reason: The Avery label add-in for 2010 cannot be installed on 365 and it is so much more useful than the label routine in 365 Word, for example. Were I to install 365 without uninstalling 2010 I would confine my use of 2010 to creating and printing labels. (For my purposes the former add-in is preferable to Avery’s Design and Print Online tool.)

Appreciate any advice.

• #2305686 Reply
        cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus

Not sure about 365 but in the past you could by installing to different folders Example Programs Files\Office 2010 not just Office. I don’t think you can have 2 versions of Outlook though.

Had a couple clients using Aladdin Envelopes and Labels which didn’t work well with Office 2016. On one machine I installed Office 2007 with Aladdin into a VM which worked for him. Another switched to Tools 4 Contacts and is very happy with it. http://www.tools4contacts.com/

Oh, and on another I installed Aladdin anyway and although the program is occasionally disabled by Office it does work. Just the icons are goofy and in a different location.

• #2305730 Reply
        anonymous

Microsoft/Office 365 does not play nicely with others:

If you have a Microsoft 365 subscription or non-subscription version such as Office Home and Business 2019, 2016 or 2013, in most cases you can’t run these versions together on the same computer.

Install and use different versions of Office on the same PC

Click-to-Run is the technology used to install Microsoft 365 subscription and most versions of Office 2013 and newer. Windows Installer technology (MSI) was used to install the volume license editions of older versions of Office 2016 and older, such as Microsoft Office Professional Plus and Microsoft Office Standard.

You can’t install the same version of Office products that use two different installation technologies installed on the same computer.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Can Office 365 and 2010 coexist?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.