News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • can one prevent Office Installer from removing Publisher?

Posted on WSKit von Suck Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office can one prevent Office Installer from removing Publisher?

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        WSKit von Suck
        AskWoody Plus

The Office Pro 2016 (?) Included Publisher.   Now Office Pro does not include Publisher.  Is it possible to prevent the Installer from removing it?  Does Publisher use Office resources that wouldn’t work when upgrading other Office Pro 2019 for example?

cyberSAR
        AskWoody Plus

From what I see Publisher is still included in the pro version.

Office Professional 2019
        ‪Microsoft Corporation‬
        • One-time purchase for 1 PC
        • Classic 2019 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, plus Publisher and Access
        • Microsoft support included for 60 days at no extra cost
        • Licensed for home and commercial use

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/p/office-professional-2019/cfq7ttc0k7c5?

doriel
        AskWoody Lounger

It still should be bundled in the package. It depends what version/subscription you are planning to use.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/buy/compare-all-microsoft-365-products

Does Publisher use Office resources that wouldn’t work when upgrading other Office Pro 2019 for example?

I think you can have “more versions” on one PC. Im not aware that Office365 removes previous versions automatically. I had opposite issue when installing Office – it was not clear what version to use, there were multiple instances – Office 2010 and Office 365 – at the same time.

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 1809 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

IIRC, you can not run an MSI version of Office side-by-side with a C2R version.

--Joe

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: can one prevent Office Installer from removing Publisher?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.