• Can you change the License for Office 365 from Business to Consumer?

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Microsoft Office by version » Office 365 and Click-to-Run » Can you change the License for Office 365 from Business to Consumer?

Author
    Topic

Hello,

My daughter Work-from-Home has Business 365 from employer that is about to expire and she does not work for that employer anymore.

We have Family 365 license for the household and she has not installed her “master” copy on her PC.

Can I “Change License” on the installed Business 365 using her consumer License to get it to downgrade to Consumer and continue using that install as normal?

Or do I need to install Consumer 365 from scratch and uninstall that Business Edition.

If install is required can I install Consumer while Business is still installed (two separate sets of icons) or will it conflict?

Need to get this done before 4PM CDT today work start so looking at easiest/safest option.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Author
    Replies

Please Disregard

The 365 is actually Enterprise so I will have to uninstall it and install 365 Family.

Had to fight with WIN10 to clear out all the residual Windows Hello from the Enterprise install but finally got the Family360 installed and with direct MS Account activation w/o Windows Hello.

For anyone else I finally got it sorted by taking ownership and deleting the NGC folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc\

Viewing 1 reply thread
    Reply To: Can you change the License for Office 365 from Business to Consumer?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: