News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Cannot remove Pinned item in Windows Explorer

Posted on peterjv Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Cannot remove Pinned item in Windows Explorer

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        peterjv
        AskWoody Plus

My SSD has two partitions.  C: and D:

I use C: for programs and D: for data.  Windows in its wisdom has inserted a pinned item into the Quick Access section of Windows Explorer, however its chosen “D:\Desktop” which is unused (I don’t know why this folder even exists).  What I really want is the C: drive desktop which is helpfully located at “C:\Users\User\Desktop”.  But I cannot pin this to the Quick Access list presumably because “Desktop” already exists and despite clicking on Unpin it will not go away.  Nor can I rename it.  Its annoying and time wasting if I want to save a file to the desktop as I have to drill down to “C:\Users\User\Desktop”

Any advice appreciated.

Peter

• #2287212 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

Try the solutions here

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Cannot remove Pinned item in Windows Explorer

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.