News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Cannot view images in Window Mail App since June Updates

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Outlook and email programs Cannot view images in Window Mail App since June Updates

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        anonymous

I am running Windows 10 Home version 1909 (18363.959).  I have noticed that since the June Updates that a number of my emails I cannot view the images.  I am using Windows 10 Mail App with gmail accounts.  I have checked the setting in Mail and they all seem correct.  If I go into my email accounts through google mail I have no problems, but if I go to the same email in Windows Mail, then there is that little red X in left upper corner that says “picture can’t be displayed”.  I have searched the internet for a solution but have not found anything that corrects the problem.  Most tell you to check to make sure you have box checked that says “always download full messages and internet images”, and have that checked.  I use Mail because I have several email accounts and this way I can see at a glance if there is any emails in any of the accounts.  Is there a solution or is this just one of Microsoft’s monkey wrenches that they seem to love to throw out occasionally?  Is or has anyone else had this problem or am I just doing something wrong?

• #2286921 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Mail clients usually defer to the “safer” method of not opening internet stored images or links. This protects you from “drive by” viruses and “web beacons”.

If you Reply to a message, does it display the images?
        Send yourself an email with a pasted image. Does that work?
        Send yourself an email with an attached image. Does that work?

cheers, Paul

• #2287035 Reply
          anonymous

Thank you Paul. Yes all images are displayed when I send myself an email or reply to an email.  It doesn’t matter if the image is pasted or and attached image.  That’s why I don’t understand whats going on.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Cannot view images in Window Mail App since June Updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.