News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Can't pause updates – none pending

Posted on rlowe44 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1809 – September 2018 Update Can't pause updates – none pending

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PKCano 5 days, 1 hour ago.

• Author

rlowe44
      AskWoody Plus

I went in to pause my updates again. I have just rebooted, and still get this:

“Updates have been resumed so we are checking for updates to keep your machine current with the latest security and quality updates before you can pause updates again.”

The pause switch is set to “off” and  grayed out. Any suggestions?

• #1907077 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

The maximum pause is 30 (or 35) days.

Once the set pause period runs out (whether 5 days or 10 days or 30 days), you cannot pause again until after the computer has updated. If you let the set pause period run out before adding additional days, then the setting will be grayed out until you receive the latest update.

Since tomorrow is Patch Tuesday, expect updates.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Can't pause updates – none pending

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel