News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Can’t Upload File

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Can’t Upload File

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PaulK 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

MNN
      AskWoody Lounger

I want to upload an Excel file ( with an XLSX extension) for an example for the text that describes what the objective is.

however, when I attach the file, i receive a dialogue box stating to remove the file due to:
      FILE TYPE NOT ALLOWED.

hOW Do I get the file loaded so I could get assistance uploading the file.

Thank you.

Edited. Please review General Rules.

• #1225628 Reply

Elly
      AskWoody MVP

At the present time, the site is unable to upload Excel files…

Woody is looking at expanding the types of files that can be uploaded.

Win 7 Home, 64 bit, Group B

• #1228431 Reply

Kirsty
      Da Boss

hOW Do I get the file loaded so I could get assistance uploading the file.

As Elly explains, only graphics files are currently able to be added, due to security concerns. You can link to a cloud file (i.e. DropBox, OneDrive etc), and add a virustotal link showing the file is safe to access.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #1231211 Reply

PaulK
      AskWoody Lounger

When you can’t go through the line, you do an end run.
      As hinted here, take a screen shot (or several if needed, max 4) and post it/them.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Can’t Upload File

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.