News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Certain HP printers – Potential buffer overflow

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » PC hardware » Certain HP printers – Potential buffer overflow

Author
    Topic

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_5000383-5000409-16

Certain HP LaserJet, HP LaserJet Managed, HP PageWide, and HP PageWide Managed products may be vulnerable to potential buffer overflow.

Update your printer firmware.

HP has provided an updated firmware resolution for potentially affected products listed in the table below. To obtain the updated firmware, go to the HP Software and Driver Downloads, and then search for your printer model.

NOTE: Some FutureSmart printers may have multiple available firmware platforms – FutureSmart 3 (FS3), FutureSmart 4 (FS4), or FutureSmart 5 (FS5). Select the appropriate firmware version for the applicable FutureSmart platform…

Viewing 0 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Thanks to Alex I was forced to Chk my Firmware Ver, and learned that on my HP MFP with Touch-Pad Menu I can find the Firmware Date Code in the Configuration Report that prints; 10/23/21 is a winner.

W10 Pro 21H2 / Hm-Stdnt Ofce '16 C2R / HP Envy Desktop-Ethernet/ 12 GB / 256G SSD + 1 TB HDD / GP=2 + FtrU=Semi-Annual + Feature Defer = 1 + QU=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    Reply To: Certain HP printers – Potential buffer overflow

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.