News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Change language of entire system

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 Change language of entire system

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Caribconsult
        AskWoody Plus

Is there any magic way to change the os language, programs, etc to another language

I have a perfectly running win 7 pro installation, all in English and I have a friend who wants to buy it to use in Spanish. Is there anyway to do this to the entire system_

anonymous

No, only the OS. Third party programs require their own language packs and would need to be done individually before or after the OS. For the OS, it’s in Control Panel ‘Region and Language’ then in the Keyboard and Languages tab >Change Keyboard> General tab> add search fror language required and set it from the expansive list. System will require a restart and the OS should be displayed in your chosen language.

b
          AskWoody MVP

Doesn’t that only change the input language but not the display language?

Change the Display Language in Windows 7

Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.964 (group ASAP)

anonymous

I think you hit the nail on the head. The control panel item will change the OS but each program would have to be changed individually

Kirsty
        Manager

I seem to recall from days of old, that MS sold Windows licenses based on the language; that if you wanted to change the OS language, you needed to purchase a new license to install (which can then be done from a MCT ISO).
        I may have this wrong, or it may have changed in the meantime?

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Change language of entire system

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.