News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Change Name of Computer in Win. 10

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Change Name of Computer in Win. 10

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leis 7 months ago.

• Author

leis
      AskWoody Lounger

When i started on Win. 10 i didn’t go right into the local account; had no idea and since then i called Geek Squad that “came with” the computer or in other words, a deal came with the price of computer, etc..though that’s other story but i called and they assisted me through changing the account locally. Well i left the part of my name i also mis-spelled my name, and this is the easiest question of the year i’m sure, changing the name on the computer since I did do that in a huff, is it as simply as renaming a file or do you know the procedure?

• #692494 Reply

BobbyB
      AskWoody Lounger

Does this work for you?
      https://www.groovypost.com/howto/rename-windows-10-computer/
      Both ways to do it here, so long as its not a Domain name, and normally requires a restart afterwards.
      If its for a users folder then it gets a little bit more complicated and definitely a backup of user files is required.
      Just a straight name change for a Single user computer the link above should work just fine 🙂

• #693018 Reply

leis
        AskWoody Lounger

BobbyB

Thanks! Yes it did work and was too easy 🙂

Happy Easter (too)

1 user thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Change Name of Computer in Win. 10

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.