• China’s Surveillance State Is Growing

Home » Forums » Outside the box » Outside the box – miscellanous » China’s Surveillance State Is Growing

Author
    Topic

https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/asia/100000008314175/china-government-surveillance-data.html

A New York Times analysis of over 100,000 government bidding documents found that China’s ambition to collect digital and biological data from its citizens is more expansive and invasive than previously known.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

https://www.nytimes.com/video/world/asia/100000008314175/china-government-surveillance-data.html

A New York Times analysis of over 100,000 government bidding documents found that China’s ambition to collect digital and biological data from its citizens is more expansive and invasive than previously known.

Wasn’t it mr.Assange too who warned for this dangers ?

* get out of the poisonous Metaverse *

George Orwell in 1949 in his book ‘Nineteen Eighty-Four’ has warned of this danger way before mr.Assange (who will be extradited to US).

So it’s possible many of those 100,000 documents are from those, or similar, leaks:

Those 100,000 government bidding documents need no leaks. Anyone has access to official documents.

These, as I read the news, are Chinese official documents. I very much doubt that the Chinese officials in charge will smile and say: “Take whatever you wish, we are delighted to help you, New York Times.”

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur 11.6 & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
        Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
        macOS Monterey; browsers: Waterfox "Current", Vivaldi and (now and then) Chrome; security apps. Intego AV and Malwarebytes for Macs.

Chinese officials in charge will smile and say: “Take whatever you wish, we are delighted to help you

How do you put a proposal if you can’t access bidding documents ?

Go to https://wikileaks.org/ perhaps ?

Alex: “How do you put a proposal if you can’t access bidding documents ?

You might experience some delays in the acceptance of your proposal if there is some government officer with the police, secret police, the Chinese State Security black ops teams and the heads of the Chinese  Government on their side when saying “NO”?

Particularly when saying NO to the proposal of getting access to 100,000 official documents, made by the “business” company known as “The New York Times”, known to be very willing to “invest” a lot on hearing people’s criticism and gathering information concerning the Chinese regime digital survey practices and a few other things like that?

Ex Windows user (Win. 98, XP, 7) since mid-2020. Now: running macOS Big Sur 11.6 & sometimes, Linux (Mint)

MacBook Pro circa mid-2015, 15" display, with 16GB 1600 GHz DDR3 RAM, 1 TB SSD, a Haswell architecture Intel CPU with 4 Cores and 8 Threads model i7-4870HQ @ 2.50GHz.
        Intel Iris Pro GPU with Built-in Bus, VRAM 1.5 GB, Display 2880 x 1800 Retina, 24-Bit color.
        macOS Monterey; browsers: Waterfox "Current", Vivaldi and (now and then) Chrome; security apps. Intego AV and Malwarebytes for Macs.

Fred: This link does not work.

Ooops. It was a link in a Tor search engine on the Tor-network , to find documents about “telling the trouth and being extradited”. Using Tor is a different way of searching and finding results that other engines do not come uo with.

And you guys are using inprivate browser while surfing, right?

Just remember folks, much of this stuff is clickbait.  Read accordingly.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

1 user thanked author for this post.

inprivate browser while surfing

With all due respect,

Tor Browser is reliable and has nothing to do with in-private browsing, there is a whole internet community that will likewise prove its safety to the user. Even the FBI and CIA can be contacted through Tor connections.
      Relations in Russia and China will be able to explain accordingly.

Tor_Browser

Especially Chrome and Bing and other data collectors are dangerous for the privacy of the individual. You can read about it at the EFF and BitsOfFreedom, sites for instance.
      The topic here is: “China’s Surveillance State Is Growing”.
      Refusing Https connections based on VPN or Tor has nothing to do with security. This has everything to do with wanting to check and control the Total by the website or government.

That is precisely the purport of the articles that were presented in the beginning:
      1984 to the extreme, Starting to use face-recognition gsm-tracking pegasus-spyware makes it all very possible and so easy. How many camera’s are there on the streets?

Without a proper legislation in this matter this so very bad for democracy (and people), is not only my very humble opinion.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 13 hours ago by Fred.
      • This reply was modified 3 days, 13 hours ago by Fred.

I was referring to everyone else not using Tor.  When searching for sensitive sites and clickbait, I recommend using inprivate.  Google tracks.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

Folks, while I’m not going to remove this post, let’s not go down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theories and such. These days much of the items you read on the web were designed to get eyeballs.

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

I would like to see, in another, dedicated thread, an open-minded, respectful and informed debate on TOR and similar anonymizing projects that may exist. I suppose that this or something similar is used in places that severely restrict freedom of speech, such as China, Iran and, increasingly, Russia. It’s role in places where there is freedom of expression is less obvious to me. I understand that some people there might prefer, generally speaking, to use it for corresponding on business or government sensitive matters and to protect their privacy in some situations, but precisely in what cases and also beyond that?

I have no clear opinion on this. TOR/Onion is something I know is out there and so far have not had interest in learning more about. But opening a discussion on the issue of how good it is or it isn’t, for what and why, it occurs to me, could provide many of us with an interesting and useful teachable moment. So I wish we had this debate, properly moderated to keep it going in a consistent direction. That’s all.

Politely brought as an example

Some recent reality without the accuse of rabbitholes or conspiracy talk

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/americas/2022/06/16/the-brazilian-candidate-the-studious-cover-identity-of-an-alleged-russian-spy/

What do you know? An academically accomplished spy!

Graduated from Spy School at the GRU, then coming to the USA fresh from Brazil (a self-declared, but not a real Brazilian), he studied and graduated first from Johns Hopkins and then from Trinity College Dublin, while setting up his spy business and running a pro-Western blog.

We’ll do well to keep in mind and, if possible, follow his example of hard work and scholastic achievement.

If not quite his notes-taking, his including the notes in messages and encrypting these messages and emailing them home to Vladimir via the Dark Internet. I wouldn’t think.

What do you know?

This thought brought to the world by a well known person (_who was it?)

Quote_begin.

Every day that I go on this website and scroll the broadcasted thoughts of famed intellectuals, icons, and official Washington, I leave with an uncomfortable suspicion that our species is regressing toward the animal—emotional, ignorant, violent, and distractible.
          ….
          Is it just me?

Quote_end.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    Reply To: China’s Surveillance State Is Growing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use all available BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: