News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Chredge auto updating questions with v2004

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Internet Explorer and Edge Chredge auto updating questions with v2004

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Dear Microsoft, could you make Edge a little more obnoxious?

Questions as a result of Woody’s topic post above:

Running Windows 10 Pro v1909 x64

I manually downloaded and installed Chredge vs allowing installation via Windows Updater and have had no problems or Chredge KB updates provided.

Chredge simply updates itself in the background without notice or bother.

So when the time comes to Feature Update to v2004 that includes Chredge, will my manual install still remain?  Or will v2004 then treat it as Windows Updater installed and start throwing KB updates at me?

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 (RIP)
      • #2299170 Reply
        anonymous

So when the time comes to Feature Update to v2004 that includes Chredge, will my manual install still remain?

Yes.

Or will v2004 then treat it as Windows Updater installed and start throwing KB updates at me?

No.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Chredge auto updating questions with v2004

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.