News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Chredge Group Policy Settings

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Tex265
        AskWoody Plus

Do I understand correctly that installing the new Edge DOES NOT also install the new Group Policy Settings to control Edge into the Group Editor, and that those have to be installed manually by downloading and installing parts of the Microsoft Edge administrative template?

If this is correct could someone provide me/us with some guidance on how to do that on a stand alone home computer running Win 10 Pro x64 ver 1909 (updated thur June but have not yet downloaded or installed the new Edge – which I want to do manually vs via the Windows Updater).

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 (RIP)
      • #2279177 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus
      • #2279235 Reply
        anonymous

Do I understand correctly that installing the new Edge DOES NOT also install the new Group Policy Settings to control Edge into the Group Editor, and that those have to be installed manually by downloading and installing parts of the Microsoft Edge administrative template?

You asked this three weeks ago, and it was answered: #2273371

• #2279349 Reply
          Tex265
          AskWoody Plus

Yes, thanks.  I failed to mention that my re-asking was the result of reading various other websites later which seemed to indicate that Group Policy settings were included with the new Edge (Chredge).  Just wanted to verify the original understanding was still correct.

Perhaps they meant is was included with the new 2004 version of Windows 10?

Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 (RIP)
    Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Chredge Group Policy Settings

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.