News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • ChrEdge KB4559309 slowing down your computer

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Internet Explorer and Edge ChrEdge KB4559309 slowing down your computer

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

“All across the Microsoft support forums people are complain that their computers have been made “unbearably slow”. One user says that not only is there a delay in opening apps, but that their startup time has tripled.

This user is not alone. Another says that they have “Major issues after Windows 10 update kb4559309”:

This update was installed 2 nights ago. Since then my computer is extremely slow and my external hard drive will not work. I click on something and several seconds to a minute goes by before anything happens. I tried to close apps using The Task Manager and got a black screen that I couldn’t get out of unless I did a hard reset. I tried to uninstall kb4559309 but Windows does not allow the uninstall option. I appreciate any help to fix this.”

The KB4559309 update for Windows 10 could be slowing down your computer

Moderator Edit: Please use the quote bbcodes when copying from another website.

• This topic was modified 3 days, 9 hours ago by Alex5723.
      • #2276802 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

I’m sure we could find a sample of 2 users who found it made browsing faster and their computer performance didn’t change.

A sample size of one does not a study make.

cheers, Paul

• #2276910 Reply
          EP
          AskWoody_MVP

for me just the latter – performance of installing Edge did not slow down any of my Win10 PCs – no performance losses nor gains
          faster browsing on CrEdge? nope.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: ChrEdge KB4559309 slowing down your computer

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.