News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Chredge security update: Security Advisory ADV200002

Home Forums AskWoody blog Chredge security update: Security Advisory ADV200002

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Alex5723 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

woody
      Da Boss

Since Chredge (the Chromium-based version of Edge) is no longer tied to Windows, it looks like we’ll get lots of Security Advisories like this one: Th
      [See the full post at: Chredge security update: Security Advisory ADV200002]

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #2111416 Reply

abbodi86
      AskWoody_MVP

They should make a separate section for it

• #2111521 Reply

b
        AskWoody Plus

Separate section of what, where?

I thought that’s what they’d just done.

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004: Group ASAP (chump/pioneer)

• #2111737 Reply

abbodi86
          AskWoody_MVP

Like separate blog or different url address, something not to show up with other Windows vulnerabilities 😀

• #2111463 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

How do we know we got an update to ChrEdge apart from checking in About Microsoft Edge version ?

• #2111490 Reply

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

Since there has not yet been an update to the released version I can’t be sure but on the various development channels a page opens telling you it has been updated the first time Edge is run after an update.

--Joe

• #2111476 Reply

Mele20
      AskWoody Lounger

Can we avoid Chredge forever? How on Windows 10? Microsoft Edge is ok. Chredge, I fear, will do just what Vivaldi did to me just now that doesn’t happen on Fx, Basilisk, Waterfox, Microsoft Edge and Brave.

• #2111493 Reply

joep517
        AskWoody MVP

I doubt you can avoid it forever. The new Edge will be rolled out gradually and will replace the old Edge when it is installed. For an undisclosed period of time, the “old” Edge will remain on the system but hidden for compatibility purposes.

--Joe

• #2111720 Reply

GreatAndPowerfulTech
          AskWoody Plus

For what it’s worth, if you decide to uninstall new Edge, the old Edge takes its place. I found that to be interesting when I tried it.

GreatAndPowerfulTech

• #2111886 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Can we avoid Chredge forever? How on Windows 10? Microsoft Edge is ok. Chredge, I fear, will do just what Vivaldi did to me just now that doesn’t happen on Fx, Basilisk, Waterfox, Microsoft Edge and Brave.

You can with the blocker tool :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-blocker-toolkit

2 users thanked author for this post.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Chredge security update: Security Advisory ADV200002

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.