News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Chrome OS v87.04280.88 Freezing

Home Forums AskWoody support Non-Windows operating systems Chromebooks and ChromeOS Chrome OS v87.04280.88 Freezing

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        7ProSP1
        AskWoody Lounger

I updated a Chromebook to the latest 32 bit stable Chrome OS version (87.0.4280.88) and since doing so it has started freezing randomly.  This has never happened prior to the update of the OS and no other changes have been made or any new apps installed or current ones updated.

Has anyone else been experiencing this behavior since updating their Chrome OS to v87.0.4280.88?

anonymous

I’m seeking answers to the same problem. I’ve logged it to google and hoping for some help. It appears right now to only be happening when watching youtube for long periods of time.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        7ProSP1
        AskWoody Lounger

Yes, that’s primarily what this Chromebook is used for and it has been happening in both the YouTube app and when accessing YouTube via the Chrome browser; however, the system was randomly freezing when using other installed apps as well.

On a more positive note, I noticed that Chrome OS automatically updated to v87.0.4280.109 overnight and, so far, knock on wood, the random freezing issue hasn’t been occurring.

joelbon
          AskWoody Plus

I have a 64 bit Chromebook and am on a newer version than you, but I do watch a lot of YouTube, but don’t have the freezes. I do get some slowing and glitching sometimes. The other day I noticed that the video looked like it was almost skipping frames or something. A simple reboot seemed to fix it.

I was also wondering if you have tried resetting the Chromebook? I never have a problem with doing a powerwash, because it only takes a minute and the only thing I lose is having to sign back into a few websites and so on. It is so easy.

There has been times for me that doing a powerwash has helped me with a problem after an update or just seeing a weird behavior I can’t otherwise figure out. I also like to mess with the flags, which get me into trouble as well. A powerwash quickly gets me back on track with no more problems.

rc primak
        AskWoody_MVP

My Chromebook is Intel based and 64-bits, so I probably can’t help. I keep it up to date, and have no issues. But I don’t use YouTube or any streaming video service on that Chromebook. My Chromebook has not updated itself this week, including the weekend. Its firmware version is CAVE.

-- rc primak

anonymous

In my case after updating to Versión 87.0.4280.88 my Chromebook crushes, it doesn’t start anymore. I have to recover it from a USB Device, but later it installs Versión 87.0.4280.88  again and crushes again.

Any advice?

Thank you in advance

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Chrome OS v87.04280.88 Freezing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.