News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Chrome PC Desktop Shortcuts Failing Suddenly

Posted on lwerman Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Questions: Browsers and desktop software Other browsers Chrome PC Desktop Shortcuts Failing Suddenly

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        lwerman
        AskWoody Plus

About a month or two ago most of my Win10 Desktop URL shortcuts created by Chrome “more tools>create shortcut” started to disappear for no reason. I was forced to create new shortcuts the old fashioned way, “right-click, create shortcut”. The issue with doing that is the generic Chrome Logo icon.

Just starting last week I tried again to make some Chrome Desktop shortcuts again & they now seem to stay on my desktop. The new issue now is they fail to run. We have 4 computers here at home & they all have the same issue. True, I set them all up, so they have a lot of similarities in setup , software, utilities, etc., but the shortcuts created in the same manner using the new MS Edge browser don’t have any issues at all.

Is it likely MS is doing something to foul the usage of Chrome on Win10? Are other folks having this issue?

• #2297462 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

What do you mean “fail to run”? Do you get an error message?
        What are the shortcut properties? (Right click, Properties)

cheers, Paul

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Chrome PC Desktop Shortcuts Failing Suddenly

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.