News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • cldfit.sys Blue Screen of Death

Posted on CaptainJack Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        CaptainJack
        AskWoody Plus

Since October when I use MS Photo Shop to edit a picture I get the Blue Screen telling me it is going to shut down my computer, gather info and restart. the cause is cldfit.sys any suggestions?

• #2016516 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

To be able to help you, we need to start with some additional information:
        What version of Windows are you running? Win7, Win8.1, Win10 1803, 1809, 1903 or 1909
        What version of MS Photo Shop do you have?
        What error messages are you getting?
        Can you give us some specs on your computer: Processor, RAM, video card, hard drive size and %full, etc.
        Did the problem start after you did a Windows Update?

• #2016576 Reply
        Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

As we don’t know your PC particulars/specs, a quick search (and guess) came up with:
        this some are reporting that removing KB4517389 fixes the issue.

Win7 Pro x86/x64 | Win8.1 Pro x64 | Linux Hybrids x86/x64 |
      • #2016828 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

This is an MS bug that affects storage operations, hence cldfit.sys. We await a fix – don’t hold your breath.

cheers, Paul

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: cldfit.sys Blue Screen of Death

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.