News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Cleaning up and Organizing Contacts List(s)

Posted on CWBillow Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Office 2016 for PC Cleaning up and Organizing Contacts List(s)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CWBillow 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

When I first started using IMAP, I lost all my contacts in a crash.  So I started keeping my contacts in a separate PST that I could back up etc.  I use the same data file for all my e-mail addresses.

What I don’t know is how to manage all the Contacts groups and files that Outlook creates, so that when I add a new contact, it is (only?) Going into my primary PST file, and that that PST file is the one that is referenced when I press “To” when sending e-mail, and, hopefully, is the one that I am editing/adding to/deleting from when I work with Contacts.

If I go to my Home tab in Outlook, and then to the Address book, I have some **14** items to choose from, but all I want is ONE.

How can I set things to be sure I am working in the right file, and, if at ALL possible, whittle that list of available files down to one?

Chuck Billow

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Cleaning up and Organizing Contacts List(s)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.