News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• client win 10 PC unable to print

Home » Forums » AskWoody support » Windows » Windows 10 » Questions: Win10 » client win 10 PC unable to print

Author
    Topic

Thanks for your assistance concerning the problem:  My shared Pantum M6800 printer connected by USB to a win 10 pro PC is not responding printing attempts of my other win 10 pro client PC in a home network after 21H1 updating.

The Printer functions well on the  host win 10 pro PC.

i read that the KB5005565 should be removed in order to fix. Is it confirmed? should I remove it from both PC’s? or there is another fix?

Many thanks

sam

Viewing 2 reply threads
    Author
    Replies

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

october update is 2 MS-defcon – no did not installed

Set the following to a DWORD value of 0 on the server:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled
      Then restart your print spooler (or just restart the computer)
      See if that fixes your issue?

Susan Bradley Patch Lady

still to try…i let u know

tx

Set the following to a DWORD value of 0 on the server:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled
        Then restart your print spooler (or just restart the computer)
        See if that fixes your issue?

could not find in my registry under “Print” the “\RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled”

If the RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled value is not present.

1. Start regedit and navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print key
          2. Right-click a blank area in the right-hand panel and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value and name it RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled.
          3. The default setting for the new value should already be 0

Note, this setting only applies to the PC the printer is directly connected to (the server) not the one trying to print remotely (the client.)

You can uninstall the update and hide it with WUSHOWHIDE so they wont appear until you are ready to install them.
      I am wondering how many people were actually hacked by via print vulnerability, and in the contrast how many people are angry (not able to print) because of low quality patching. Maybe its better to not print at all and save our planet? 😉

Dell Latitude E6530, Intel Core i5 @ 2.6 GHz, 4GB RAM, W10 20H2 Enterprise

HAL3000, AMD Athlon 200GE @ 3,4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Fedora 29

PRUSA i3 MK3S+

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    Reply To: client win 10 PC unable to print

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.