News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • “close window” or “pin to taskbar” do nothing when clicked on

Posted on Chuck T. Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1909 – November 2019 Update “close window” or “pin to taskbar” do nothing when clicked on

Topic Resolution: Resolved
    • This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by anonymous.
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        Chuck T.
        AskWoody Plus

Win 10 pro 1909 upgrade over win7 pro, most things work ok except on the task bar tile of the open app the option “close window” or “pin to taskbar” or “unpin from taskbar” do nothing when clicked on. I can pin an app to the taskbar from explorer but then it cannot be unpinned from the tile on the taskbar, you have to manualy remove it from the quickstart folder. Have done 2 inplace installs saving apps and settings with no change. Unable to find any listings on the I-Net for this problem. I HATE W10!!! Have been computing since the days of the TRS80 and still perfer DOS over Windows.

win-10-taskbar-problem

Attachments:
      • #2268938 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

I have no problems pinning from a running app in W10 home.

Do you have a 3rd party menu app running? Try disabling it and testing.

cheers, Paul

• #2268982 Reply
        Chuck T.
        AskWoody Plus

Thanks Paul, I did the 4th in place reinstall and it started working as it should. I could always pin and un-pin from the context menu but not from the taskbar.

• #2273210 Reply
        anonymous

Same problem after Windows update. No problem ever before. I created a restore point, and I’m going back. Let them go for the update again. Really ticks me off. I tried searching for others with the same issue. None but here.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: “close window” or “pin to taskbar” do nothing when clicked on

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.