News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • "Comment on the AskWoody Lounge" link produces popup

Home Forums AskWoody Central Suggestions about improving the Lounge "Comment on the AskWoody Lounge" link produces popup

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

PKCano 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

davehc
      AskWoody Lounger

Hi. I am new, just from Windows 10 Secrets lounge, and have been asked to reregister here.

When I click this : “Comment on the AskWoody Lounge”, I am  confronted with a pop up saying tht it does not exist?
      Is there a function to mark posts as read?

Is there any way I can stop this popup from appearing with everything I go to?
      Askwoody wants to send you notifictaions…etc.  I do not want notifications.

• #344636 Reply

anonymous

When I click this : “Comment on the AskWoody Lounge”, I am confronted with a pop up saying tht it does not exist?

Exactly what does not exist? Please post the exact wording of what the pop-up says, or, better yet, a screenshot of the pop-up. That will help folks here determine if there’s been a problem with the site itself that you’ve encountered, or if it’s possibly a problem on your end within your browser or within Windows.

Also, one other question to answer so folks here can better help you: Which version number of which browser are you using? The answer to this question will help folks here help you tremendously.

• #344692 Reply

Moonshine
      AskWoody Lounger

Perhaps it’s the dead “Comment on the Askwoody Lounge” link on the Forum page that is being referred to

Attachments:
    • #344695 Reply

anonymous

Different anonymous asks, please clarify if this is a pop up window, separate from the browser window displaying the webpage; a banner message across the top of a page, which moves the usual content down the height of the banner; an error page of plaintext on white background, generated by the browser; or a standard looking AskWoody page displaying this message within the normal body (center section) of the page. Describing with words can be simplified with a screenshot.

Each of these are possible, but point to different problems and solutions.

• #344698 Reply

anonymous

That second anonymous again, this time apologizing for ignoring your direct question.

“Is there a function to mark posts as read?”

There is no function for me as anonymous. As a logged in user, during your normal use, the site’s server tracks your page requests and marks all posts sent to your browser as read within your user file. Whether you actually read them or not. This enables the functions for comments since last visit, and the “new” flag for comments sent the first time. But if you close that tab, and reload the page the “new” flags will disappear because they are already tracked as read. Only new “new” flags will appear.

• #344708 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Click on the “Comment on the AskWoody Lounge” link under any of the Topic Titles on the Main Blog Page.

Use the “Older Entries” or “Newer Entries” links at the bottom of each Blog Page to navigate through the Blog pages.

Use the Forum Tree at the bottom of right-hand panel (woodgrain) to navigate the Forums. When you get to the Forum of choice, click on the TOPIC Title to see each topic. There is a path shown at the top of each Topic (just under the Title) to show you where you are in the Lounge.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: "Comment on the AskWoody Lounge" link produces popup

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.