News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Computers downloading files from microsoft

Posted on ldasilva Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1909 – November 2019 Update Computers downloading files from microsoft

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        ldasilva
        AskWoody Plus

Good morning, we are experiencing a lot of computers on our network that are downloading a specific file from microsoft.

http[://]2.tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/b7d172fe-bb7c-452e-995a-3ad12dc494cf?P1=1593441474&P2=402&P3=2&P4=E1I7nkHJfzUegEF16nERMq9QepPsD%2fmWRfo0Hn0ovW%2bOKcP6AQwCJtcF7B%2beoV1tcBOjc3pSmW35oOirSS2Z4Q%3d%3d

Does anyone know what this is? and why is this happening?

Kind regards,

• #2276264 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

I have broken the enclosed link so the file is not automatically downloaded by anyone that clicks on it.

Perhaps this link will give you some help:

https://threadfin.com/why-wsus-and-sccm-managed-clients-are-reaching-out-to-microsoft-online/

• #2276265 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

I’m guessing it’s a Windows search update or Windows AV update – unless you have installed Chredge on your PCs, then it could be an update for that.

cheers, Paul

• #2276271 Reply
          PKCano
          Da Boss

Or Windows Store, or taskbar, or……..

• #2276288 Reply
        NetDef
        AskWoody_MVP

You did not mention this, but if you are using WSUS and seeing this specific behavior, then it appears that you’ve inadvertently left Dual Scan enabled.

Here’s a guide from Susan Bradley explaining what that is, and how to fix that:

Patch Lady – no it’s not WSUS’s fault

~ Group "Weekend" ~

• #2276374 Reply
        ldasilva
        AskWoody Plus

Thank you all for your answers. i will check them out!

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Computers downloading files from microsoft

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.