News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Confused about MSFT Support

Posted on compiler Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Confused about MSFT Support

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        compiler
        AskWoody Plus

My friend had a problem. He apparently called Microsoft’s phone # and ended up with JustAnswer. They gave him some useless information and tried to charge him a monthly “membership fee.” Clearly, it was a scam, but he is convinced they must have a contract with MSFT. I’m convinced he never called MSFT.

Can anyone figure out what probably happened?

Mel

• This topic was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by compiler.
      • #2305047 Reply
        joep517
        AskWoody MVP

Do you know what number he called? I doubt it was Microsoft.

--Joe

• #2305053 Reply
        Compiler

The number he wrote down and told me was the MSFT #. I suspect he somehow got flustered and somehow dialed JUSTANSWER.

Would they have a contract to handle MSFT support calls???
        Mel

• #2305062 Reply
          Kirsty
          Da Boss

Do you know where the phone number was sourced from? Maybe it was a scam source?

The official global phone numbers can be located here, and this Wikihow page on Contacting Microsoft was co-authored by MS, and includes email contact details. There is also avenues such as Twitter.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Confused about MSFT Support

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.