News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Copy rows from one sheet to another using certain criteria

Posted on WSAceWak Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Productivity software by function MS Excel and spreadsheet help Copy rows from one sheet to another using certain criteria

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  WSAceWak 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

WSAceWak
      AskWoody Lounger

I’m looking to do the following but coding it is obviously out of my league.

I’m looking to build a calling list that i need to invoice
      – 3 sheets
      Data= desired results
      Plan= column A (billing plans) is the criteria for billable calls. note: found in Data.E1
      U093K007= sheet with the data. Column F has the criteria of the calls that will be billed, depending on the billing plan

I want to copy rows (from U093K007) into “data” sheey that will be billed depending on the billing plan

Hope that was clear enough.

Attachments:
    • #1594068 Reply

WSduthiet
      AskWoody Lounger

Dear AceWak:

If I completely understand what you are trying to do see the attached workbook.

In the Worksheet “U093K007” using the Endroit Column and String Formulas I extracted the key words found in the Columns of the Plan Worksheet

Lastly by using Advance Filters the “NewData” worksheet should display the required items to be billed.

Please read and follow the simple steps in the Instruction Worksheet

TIP – If desired you can record Macros for each Plan then run the Macro and the sheet will automatically update. I skipped this step since you appeared to want to avoid VBA.

Good Luck
      DuthieT

Attachments:

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Copy rows from one sheet to another using certain criteria

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.