News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Copying Styles?

Posted on WSbitram Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        WSbitram
        AskWoody Lounger

I’m having a problem copying (through vba code) the paragraph styles from one document into a new blank document (created from normal.dot) when the new blank doc doesn’t already have the styles in it. I am receiving an automation error. This worked extremely well in office 97, but now it doesn’t work in office 2000. Any ideas?

• #510464 Reply
        WSDreamboat
        AskWoody Lounger

I don’t see any way to exactly FIX that, but why not use a file other than normal.dot? Or at least get all the files into normal.dot by opening normal.dot directly, type a line of text. Change that line of text to whatever styles you want to use. Delete the line of text, and then save and close normal.dot.

• #510467 Reply
          WSbitram
          AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for the info. Actually, I did modify normal.dot to include all of my specific styels late last week and (in testing) it seemed to work fine. I’m awaiting news from the user to see if that completely fixes the problems they are having. Also just trying to see if anyone had any other ideas. Thanks again.

• #510490 Reply
            WSGary Frieder
            AskWoody Lounger

It also might be worthwhile posting the code that is causing the error – maybe someone here will be able to spot what’s going wrong (then again, maybe not).

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Copying Styles?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.