News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Create template to use in Word document

Posted on AlanLinda1 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Microsoft Office by version Questions: Microsoft Office Create template to use in Word document

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Lugh 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

AlanLinda1
      AskWoody Lounger

Fourteen years ago, I created Word templates to insert the special characters in French and Spanish. I was able to put these templates in the Startup folder so that each new document contained them.

Now, 14 years later, I cannot do this. The templates will open in the current version of Word but I cannot apply them to each new document. I did change the templates to the dotm format. Is there something that I do not realize or is this no longer possible with the current version of Word? Thank you very much.

I tried to attach the templates but it says that the file type is not allowed.

Thank you very much.

• #345041 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

The templates will open in the current version of Word but I cannot apply them to each new document. I did change the templates to the dotm format. Is there something that I do not realize or is this no longer possible with the current version of Word?

It would help us to know what the “current version of Word” is. (2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, C2R, 365?).

• #345298 Reply

Lugh
      AskWoody_MVP

I tried to attach the templates but it says that the file type is not allowed

ZIP them.

Lugh.
      ~
      Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
      i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 1TB SSD, 256GB SSD, 4TB HD

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Create template to use in Word document

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.