News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • "Credge" coming to Windows 7

Posted on Alex5723 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alex5723 5 days, 12 hours ago.

• Author

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

So “Credge” will come to Windows 7 too.
      But as Windows 7 EOLed at Jan. 14, 2020 and “Credge” will be released a day later at Jan. 15 2020 will the every EOLed Windows 7 get it, or, only Windows 7 on extended support ?

• #2000615 Reply

b
      AskWoody Plus

I think Windows 7 users will be able to download and install it even after EOL, as they can the Beta right now; https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download

But I can’t find any positive announcement to that effect (even among various Ignite sessions).

Knuckle dragger Cannon fodder Chump Daft glutton Idiot Crazy/Ignorant Toxic drinker Blockhead Unwashed mass Seeker/Sucker "Ancient/Obsolete" (Group ASAP) Win10 v.1909

• #2000739 Reply

EP
      AskWoody_MVP

Edge Chromium (or “Credge”) 79.0 is already in the “stable” channel as I’m running it on a Win7 machine. I’m not waiting around for MS to “announce” the official release of “Credge” as it seems stable to me

ask abbodi86 where to get the full “offline” installer for Edge Chromium as I hate having to download a stub EXE file and having it download the full installer afterwards

• This reply was modified 5 days, 21 hours ago by  EP.
    • #2000890 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

Microsoft’s new Edge will ship without ARM64 support, history sync, and extension sync. You also won’t find the new browser for Xbox One or HoloLens..

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsofts-new-edge-will-ship-without-arm64-support-history-sync-and-extension-sync

• This reply was modified 5 days, 12 hours ago by  Alex5723.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: "Credge" coming to Windows 7

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.