News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Current DEFCON level for Win10 1709/1809

Home Forums AskWoody Central Getting started Current DEFCON level for Win10 1709/1809

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        DEng
        AskWoody Plus

Hello All,

I am newer to this posting stuff, but here goes…

My company is running Windows 10 version 1709 and by years end will be on version 1809. I know the MS-DEFCON level is referring to the newer version 1903/1909, so how do I tell if how this DEFCON level is also the same for my version 1709/1809?

Thanks in Advance

• #2172480 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

The DEFCON level applies to ALL versions of Windows. (Unless there is a real necessity to patched ASAP, like SQL and Exchange Servers this month).

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by PKCano.
      • #2172483 Reply
        DEng

thank for the fast response and information. Greatly appropriate it and all this site provides, happy to be a contributor.

• #2172509 Reply
        EP
        AskWoody_MVP

fyi, only the enterprise & education editions of 1709 are still supported until April 2020 but the home & pro versions of 1709 were EOL’ed on April 2019. As for v1809, support for the 1809 home & pro editions end on May 2020 while the 1809 enterprise & education editions will be supported until May 2021.

noted in the Windows lifecycle fact sheet page on the support end dates for many Win10 versions

but as PKCano said the DEFCON level is for all Windows versions including the ones not mentioned or already out of support

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by EP.
      • #2172923 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

General consensus here is move to 1903 or 1909. The issues seem to be with updates, not 1903/9 itself.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Current DEFCON level for Win10 1709/1809

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.