Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • DC failure (June updates)

Posted on Gisterian Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches DC failure (June updates)

Tagged: , , , , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gisterian 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Gisterian
      AskWoody Lounger

If you have server 2008 connected 2008 r2 DC don’t ever think to update
      So reporting you guys that we lose DC after updates and still can’t fix it, I think I’m losing my job offically, thanks to MS 🙁
      So… I updated 2008 all June updates to 2008 machine in VM, also to 2008 r2 VM  yesterday. They stopped to seeing each other by logon, but nslookup still shows DC. I decide back up from shapshot, but no result still have logon failure when I attempt to logon with domain user. I restored even 1 month before backups, for all 2008 and 2008 r2 machines, but still….
      Guys any help from someone that saw this kinda logon problems will be good
      Also google not very helpful in this mess
      Mail me if you know how

Support Open Source community for defeating Microsoft

• #205104 Reply

BWB8771
      AskWoody Lounger

@gisterian

Do you mean your Server 2008 computers can no longer see each other?

What sort of errors are you seeing in the event logs?

One of the recent updates caused an issue where the virtual NIC lost its IP configuration (I had two that went DHCP). Might this be the issue with yours?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #205105 Reply

PKCano
      AskWoody MVP

See the Known Issues for KB 4284826

2 users thanked author for this post.
    • #205222 Reply

Gisterian
      AskWoody Lounger

Hi thanks for approval discussion.
      So, I did restore yesterday, so I don’t have updated server 2008, just “2 week ago” version. Network cards for DC(which is on 2008 r2)  and server 2008(non r2) was working OK when I check for IPs. But can you tell me how you diagnose virtual NIC problem and how to solve it?
      All other versions of windows seeing DC, also can authorize by local and domain thru RDP connection. Only server 2008 don’t let in with domain account by RDP connection, just flashing message “access denied”.  I reseted passwd, clear kerberos tickets, cleared dns cache. Nothing works…
      So weird situation, if be honest.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Gisterian.
    • #205230 Reply

PKCano
      AskWoody MVP

There is a topic here on problems with RDP. Perhaps there is something that might help you. I believe it was caused by another patch, and both sides of the connection needing to be patched or an exception made.

• #205233 Reply

ch100
      AskWoody MVP

Great! Restore DC from snapshot.

• #205445 Reply

Gisterian
      AskWoody Lounger

Finally, I got solution. My problem was caused NTP server which can’t sync time in both side. Just because time was different for each side(server and DC) , they don’t trust each other. Also, guys. Avoid our mistakes, never ever believe snapshot backup for DC, it need special MS tools.
      Anyway, thank for replies.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: DC failure (June updates)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.