News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Deferring Updates Home Version

Posted on analogkid Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Deferring Updates Home Version

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago.
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        analogkid
        AskWoody Plus

Very sorry if this is a stupid question but I am a rather new Win 10 user. I have the Home version (couldn’t afford the upgrade and still prefer using my three 8.1 pc’s).

I have been following the askwoody DECON for years. That has been easy with my other operating systems. This Win 10 however, I don’t like it. After checking the DEFCON status daily I have been pushing the resume updates  date farther and farther back. Well I just checked and the Pause Until Date will not go beyond Wednesday May 6.

The last update I installed was  the March Cumulative Update KB4551762 on April 1 for version 1909.

Any suggestions on what I should do before May 6?

Thanks!

"An analog kid in a digital world"

Win7 Ultimate home built desktop Running 0patch Pro

Win 8.1 desktop and two 8.1 laptops

Win 10 Dell desktop (took the plunge)

and two very old home built Win XP desktops (offline for use with an old Epsom Photo scanner)

• #2257652 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

There is AKB2000016 which is a Guide to putting off updates the standard way.

Then you may want to read through this thread on Ways to cheat Pause.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2267538 Reply
        JLamede
        AskWoody Plus

Very interesting! I too have been deferring updates (on v. 1903), but I’ve just noticed the system now won’t allow me to defer beyond 13 June. Any explanations/ suggestions? Or is this a side effect of the new warning about Win 2004 (why is MS regressing 16 years?) ?

• #2267541 Reply
          b
          AskWoody Plus

When did you last pause? You have to resume before you can pause again.

It’s not connected with version 2004. (What warning?)

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Deferring Updates Home Version

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.