News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • delete mail program

Posted on Robert W. Crane Comment on the AskWoody Lounge
    Topic Resolution: Resolved
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Author
        Robert W. Crane
        AskWoody Plus

I have windows 10 mail on three desktop computers. When I read and delete mail from one of the computers it disappears from all three machines. I plan to give one of the computers to new owner. Can I just delete the mail programs ( Outlook, Yahoo mail, and Gmail) from that computer without affecting my mail on the remaining two ?

• #2285581 Reply
        Robert W. Crane
        AskWoody Plus

Solves question myself. Took bull by the horns and removed the email programs from the computer. The remaining computers were unaffected. Email programs continued to function properly on the unchanged computers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        • #2285590 Reply
          Coldheart9020
          AskWoody Lounger

When I read and delete mail from one of the computers it disappears from all three machines

This is most likely because you are deleting the email from the email server itself, and not the computer itself. In other words, the emails are stored remotely on whichever email provider’s server you access, and not locally on your machine.

There may be a way to store the e-mail on the PC itself; there will most likely be a way to do this somewhere in the mail program’s settings.

• #2285715 Reply
        Paul T
        AskWoody MVP

Windows Mail stores data in “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\” according to this MS site.

You will need to Shift Delete files from that location and empty the recycle bin.

cheers, Paul

Viewing 2 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: delete mail program

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.