News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Delivery Delays with Products

Home Forums Outside the box Delivery Delays with Products

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

I understand that there will be delivery delays with things purchased online, but my situation is a little bit ridiculous.

I ordered a MacBook Pro back in March, just a week before the government declared a state of emergency and locked things down. The delivery date was delayed to April. Fair enough, I thought. I ordered a USB-C hub dongle from Anker for the MacBook. Then I was told the laptop would be delayed until early May. I switched my order to a slightly more expensive but better dongle, and Amazon estimated it would arrive in a month. It arrived in less than two weeks, to my surprise. Meanwhile, the laptop still hadn’t arrived.

I held out hope for a little while longer, but the MacBook was delayed again, until late May. It took so long that they upgraded me to the 2020 model (I’m not complaining about that). It was supposed to arrive on Wednesday. Then it was supposed to arrive on Friday. Now it’s Saturday and it still hasn’t arrived. Fate sure has not been kind to me… especially given how I needed the laptop a week ago. And the dongle has been sitting in my drawer unused, waiting for a laptop that would arrive a full month after it did.

Anyone else have tales of their adventures waiting for ordered shipments to arrive?

• #2265085 Reply
        Myst
        AskWoody Plus

I went online and found this MacRumors article dated May 14, 2020. https://www.macrumors.com/guide/covid-19-coronavirus/. Under this specific heading “Coronavirus Impact on Apple’s Device Production”, you will get an explanation as to why products have been delayed due to COVID-19. It states in this article under the heading I posted, “Analysts have lowered their estimated device shipments for the first half of 2020 due to the coronavirus, and the overall impact of the coronavirus throughout the rest of 2020 remains to be seen.” Have you called Apple or have you gone to an Apple Support page to get some answers about your order? I gather you are getting some type of notifications based on info you’ve given in your post.

Win7 SP1 Home x64, lone wolf and free as a bird, MacOS / Chromebook

• #2265103 Reply
        MrJimPhelps
        AskWoody_MVP

In the beginning of the pandemic, Amazon had fast delivery. In fact, it seems that other companies did as well.

About a month ago, Amazon slowed way down. It can take a week and a half now to get something you buy on Amazon Prime. Also, I purchased some items from HomeDepot.com and from AceHardware.com. HomeDepot.com took a week for each of the two items I purchased; AceHardware is up to a week now, and I’m still waiting for the item I purchased. I can’t even find the order online, although I have the confirmation email from Ace Hardware and from Paypal, which makes me think it hasn’t shipped yet.

Group "L" (Linux Mint)
        with Windows 8.1 running in a VM
      • #2265134 Reply
        Alex5723
        AskWoody Plus

It was supposed to arrive on Wednesday. Then it was supposed to arrive on Friday. Now it’s Saturday and it still hasn’t arrived. Fate sure has not been kind to me… especially given how I needed the laptop a week ago

Some Apple Stores are now open. If you live near one you may pick one at the store and cancel your online order.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Delivery Delays with Products

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.