News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Dell Printer E525w

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Author
        WSk32rem
        AskWoody Lounger

I am having a problem copying documents with the subject printer.  I checked all the settings I can find and cannot find an answer as to why I get just a half copy.  The left margin goes to the middle of the paper and cuts off the right side of the original document.  Anyone??

PaulK
        AskWoody Lounger

Just an opinion – It sounds like a problem in the scanner, in that the actual scanning doesn’t start until the sweep has advanced to the middle ‘of the page’ on each line. This most likely is in the electronics. When did this problem start? Does printing (from the computer) work OK?
        Note that the above assumes that a page is scanned in a raster pattern.

anonymous

Just started using this printer, even though it’s a few years old. I didn’t do anything with the settings, just tried copying a document by pressing the “copy ” button and it gave me about a 2-1/2 left margin and cut off the document on the right with the same size margin there. I wldnt know what to do if its in the electronics. I don’t have it connected to a computer yet. That will happen, wirelessly, in a couple of weeks. Snd don’t know what scanning g in a raster pattern means. Not a tech person here.

PaulK
        AskWoody Lounger

Silly question: Is the Original (the paper that you are copying from) properly located in the correct corner of the scanning glass? For your printer this is the top-left corner.

Do you have a copy of the User’s Guide? It is available here.

anonymous

Yes, it was a full 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, so no problem placing it on the scanning glass properly.  I’ll download the manual and see what I can find.  Thanks!

wavy
        AskWoody Plus

Scanners can be preset for different type/size copies check its s/w settings.

🍻

Just because you don't know where you are going doesn't mean any road will get you there.
        PaulK
        AskWoody Lounger

The machine has multiple (sub-)functions: scan, print, 3 types of computer communications; and FAX. Various combinations are:
        Copy = scan + print
        Printer = communication + print
        Scan to computer = scan + communication
        FAX = (scan input OR print output ) + phone line

We know that Copy is faulty. But we don’t know if it is Scan, or Print, that is guilty.

Suggestions, to perhaps narrow diagnostics.
        1 Connect to computer. Use a USB connection; easiest to configure.
        2 Print from computer. If only this fails, problem most likely electronic.
        3 Scan into computer. If only this fails, problem may be mechanical.
        –> Any fault probably will need outside repair.
        4 If practical, test FAXing.

I don’t have it connected to a computer yet. That will happen, wirelessly, in a couple of weeks.

As noted (1) above, unless not practical the initial connection should be via USB. It is the simplest. A direct connection eliminates fiddling with all the IP-and-associated variables.

Our one printer is triply-defined: USB (direct to my computer); LAN (selected on the printer; used by other machines in the house); Wireless (defined, but not selected on the printer; available in case we want to move the printer anywhere else in the house).
        3Conns

Viewing 5 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Dell Printer E525w

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.