News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Desktop Restore App

Posted on CraigS26 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Tools Desktop Restore App

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alex5723 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

CraigS26
      AskWoody Plus

AW Newsletter 16.15.0 — 4/22/19 —Desktop Restore App

With 100+ Desktop Shtcuts this is a great app to Restore Shtcuts IN their custom-arranged Locations after a Glitch. I’ve been faced with that twice.

Wanting some evidence of Dates for Multi-saves when they occur, the Custom Save-Restore To a File is the only way to go. Can’t Name the saved file as far as I can tell in the Std Save. I don’t have the nerve to Test it but I trust the Older Geeks partners know what they’re doing. Thanks to them!
      Only tiny unknown I have is the Save function says Save Icons to Layout [ 1920 x 1080 ] (32) and the multi-monitor example shows (48). WHAT are those (32, 48 numbers)?

https://www.oldergeeks.com/downloads/file.php?id=2725

W10-64 1903-18362.418 Home / Hm-Stdnt Ofce '16 C2R / i5-8400/ 12 GB / 256 SSD + 1 TB HDD / InSpectre #8 = GREEN

• #811343 Reply

anonymous

I’m unable parse most of what you typed but I can answer the last question.

WHAT are those (32, 48 numbers)?

They appear to be the icon size based on each desktop’s settings.

• #1934457 Reply

WSRolandJS
      AskWoody Plus

I’ve used that over the years, actually I only tested destkp restore’s restore once, for windows 98SE.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin, revisted

• #1934491 Reply

Alex5723
      AskWoody Plus

I use Portable DesktopOK x64

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Desktop Restore App

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.