News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Dinosaur Screen Saver

Posted on astronautdan Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Outside the box Fun Stuff Dinosaur Screen Saver

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Author
        astronautdan
        AskWoody Lounger

Good day to all,

I have a question about an old screen-saver that I’ve searched for and could not find anywhere.

I do not recall the name of the screen-saver nor the name of the company that made it, but I’m wonder if I describe it whether anyone knows what it is or can identify it?

It came out in the mid-90’s, so it is quite old.

The screen-saver showed a bunch of cartoon dinosaurs playing games like ping-pong or driving taxi cabs. I did exhaustive web searches for keywords but could not find anything like it, although there are plenty of screen-savers featuring various dinosaur’s, I could not find this one.

Anyone have any ideas on who made it or where I could find it?

Dan

Microfix
        AskWoody MVP

Have you tried searching Wayback Machine
        note of caution: check links with VirusTotal prior to each link click.

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created IT- AE
        anonymous

I saw this on Reddit from 3 months ago. If it isn’t YOU :), here’s some more information, at least:

[TOMT][Screensaver][Late 90s/Early 2000s] Voiced screensaver involving dinosaurs in a city

I remember there was this screensaver that started (rather abruptly) with a raptor saying something sounding like “My name is Nex K’nex” followed by a dramatic music sting. This was then followed by music and animated city shots broken up by several skits. Among them were two dinos playing a game of ping pong that goes nowhere, ending with one of them asking “How does this even work?” It then ended with another dino playing the piano in a suit. Anyone know where this is?

astronautdan
        AskWoody Lounger

Thank you for your comment on what you found in Reddit.

That is very interesting and I’ll try to search for that and see what I can find.

The prior comment that suggested looking in the ‘wayback’ site did not turn up anything for me…it is just too huge a site and hard (at least for me) to search it; keywords or search criteria really did not turn up anything there. So, I’ll try Reddit and see what I can find…thanks for quoting though, maybe some keywords from your quote can turn up something.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dan

anonymous

I used that screen saver for quite a few years.

Imaginaria – “The Associates” (Socha Computing / Claris, 1993)

there is also several additional scenes that were produced by a German firm that I had at one time, but have lost in the past.

the problem is that this screen saver is designed for WIN 95 or earlier editions and does not run on WIN10.

anonymous

forgot to add the YOUTUBE video url that displays the initial version of this software:
        https://youtu.be/T94-QCLE32s

anonymous

So, Dan…was that it?
        That HAS to be it!
        “Anonymous” for the win ;).

Viewing 6 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Dinosaur Screen Saver

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

?
This website collects data via Google Analytics. Click here to opt in. Click here to opt out.