News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Does installing the "Security Monthly Quality Rollups" cover me for everthing

Posted on DanielDigital Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums Admin IT Lounge WSUS, SCCM, Exchange and update management tools Does installing the "Security Monthly Quality Rollups" cover me for everthing

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        DanielDigital
        AskWoody Lounger

We use WSUS to patch. We always stay 1 month behind, thus this month we will apply March updates at month end. I need clarification about the “xxxx-xx Security Monthly Quality Rollup for xxxx”. If I read Microsoft’s documentation correctly, then installing this rollup means, since it includes:

1) We do not need to install the “xxxx-xx Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer…”, correct?

2) If the same concept holds true for the “xxxx-xx Security and Quality Rollup for .NET….” then does anyone know why there is a “2019-03 Update for .NET Framework….” as opposed to “Security and Quality Rollup for .NET”? It is a bit confusing.

Daniel

• #351177 Reply
        PKCano
        Da Boss

The Security Monthly Quality Rollup for xxxx contains three parts: the non-security updates, the security updates and the IE11 Cumulative Update. So you don’t need the individual IE11 CU as well.

The .NET Rollup is a bundle of patches, one for each version of .NET. The individual patches in the bundle do not have the same KB number as the Rollup itself. Using the Feb .Net Rollup for Win7 KB4487078  as an example, you will see information that there are individual patches with different KB numbers for different versions included.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Does installing the "Security Monthly Quality Rollups" cover me for everthing

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.