News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Does Internet Explorer 11 Standalone Install contain all current Plan B updates?

Posted on Sproots Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Windows 7 patches Does Internet Explorer 11 Standalone Install contain all current Plan B updates?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

PKCano 6 months ago.

• Author

Sproots
      AskWoody Plus

I had to manually install IE11 on a Win7 box for a game that requires the IE11 components for communication.  IE8 was manually removed from program &  features after the Win7 install.

I downloaded standalone IE11 from MS website and during install it said it was “getting required updates”.  Does this mean it has all our previous IE plan B updates already included?

I ran windows update immediately after and it only showed the 2018-12 Cumulative Update.

I guess I am confused on the “Cumulative”.  Does that mean 2018-12 has all previous updates and I just need to install it?

• #312321 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Group B installs the IE11 Cumulative Update each month. It is CUMULATIVE, thus contains all the previous updates. You can download the IE11 CUs from AKB2000003 on this site. The links are direct Catalog downloads. If you are patching to December 2018, use KB4483187. If you are patching to January 2019, use KB4480965, but it is still under AskWoody DEFCON2.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Does Internet Explorer 11 Standalone Install contain all current Plan B updates?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.