News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Does not automatically reconnect to wifi after hibernation

Posted on Vincenzo Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Does not automatically reconnect to wifi after hibernation

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vincenzo 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Vincenzo
      AskWoody Lounger

My kitchen laptop is an Asus that came with Win 7, now running Win 10 1803.

When it comes out of hibernation, about 75% of the time it fails to reconnect to the wifi network. When I then select the usual network, (tell it automatically reconnect,) and then Connect it runs fine. Until it hibernates again overnight.

When it sleeps, there is no problem, it automatically re-connects as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• #518862 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Look in the Device Manager>Power Management and see if “Allow the computer to turn off device” is checked. You can also look under the Details tab.

Also in the Control Panel>Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Change advanced settings there is wireless adapter settings. (I think it’s still in Control Panel in 1803)

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #594866 Reply

Vincenzo
        AskWoody Lounger

Thanks for the suggestions.

But “Allow the computer to turn off device” is not checked.

Control Panel>Power Options>Edit Plan Settings>Change advanced settings – wireless adapter settings is already on Maximum Performance.

Thanks

• #623073 Reply

Berton
      AskWoody_MVP

Does the same happen if connected to the Router by an Ethernet cable?  Are there other Wi-Fi/Wireless Networks nearby [maybe Hibernation is trying to figure which to connect to]?

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"
      1 user thanked author for this post.
    • #885966 Reply

Vincenzo
      AskWoody Lounger

I connected an ethernet cable and hibernated a few times, the wifi connection remained connected.

Yes there are other wifi networks around, but it does not seem to be trying to decide.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Does not automatically reconnect to wifi after hibernation

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Cancel