News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• Does the HP Spectre Notebook (2016 model) have a removable wireless LAN Card?

Home Forums AskWoody support PC hardware Questions: What hardware should I get? Does the HP Spectre Notebook (2016 model) have a removable wireless LAN Card?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Author
        JoshAtie
        AskWoody Lounger

I have an HP Spectre Notebook (2016), and I am trying to connect an eGPU to it. I have all the components ready to do so, but I wanted to know if the Wireless LAN card is removable, or soldered. I can’t find any information about the device anywhere else, as it isn’t a widely used device.

Please tell me if you know anything, Thanks.

[Moderator Edit] removed link as it’s not relevant to the question

Phil F
        AskWoody Plus

I suggest that you try the HP Support website and search on the exact model of your machine. As a result, you should see a page with several categories of support, one of which will be Manuals. Click on this choice and look for the Maintenance and Service Guide.

This manual will be quite voluminous, but contains parts lists and upgrade how-to instructions for users and technicians. This doesn’t directly answer your question, but should point you to an answer. This manual for my ENVY 15 X360 laptop (2020) speaks of its WiFi card and how to change it.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Viewing 1 reply thread

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: Does the HP Spectre Notebook (2016 model) have a removable wireless LAN Card?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.