News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Does this make sense?

Posted on CWBillow Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  CWBillow 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

CWBillow
      AskWoody Plus

I moved from 1and1 to Bluehost on August 28, with an annual contract for web hosting and e-mail.   At that time I was also already an (annual) Microsoft Office 365 client.

The initial transfer seemed to go as planned, and I then went forward to set up my Outlook e-mail, with my server settings set to Bluehost.

At this point I still had (and have) my MS Office 365 account, so I now had/have two accounts, one with MS and one with Bluehost.

In one of my overly-zealous attempts at orderliness, I went back to a pre-Office backup and restored, planning to then set up my Office with the Bluehost settings.

Somehow all my past e-mail up to August got “lost” and didn’t make the transition.  While on the one hand one would think that the server settings were new, so that was probably the issue.  I of course had thought that since they were IMAP accounts the e-mail would come along for the ride.  Nope.

After two or three stutter-starts I thought/think I have my e-mail (Bluehost) set up.  Yet now, my folder structure in Outlook for the main email address seems “not right” — see graphic.  I have not only apparently lost any Inbox subfolders I had had, but my “Sent” folder is now a subfolder of my Inbox.  ( ?!)

If I have a PST of my 1and1 account folder settings, can I “just” import those emails into my (now Bluehost) setup in Outlook, and can I move folders like my Sent folder around to where I do believe they should be?

Ugh!

Folders

Chuck Billow

Attachments:

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Does this make sense?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.