News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Doxo Adds Support for Apple Pay

Posted on Nathan Parker Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Other platforms – for Windows wonks iOS for Windows wonks Doxo Adds Support for Apple Pay

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Nathan Parker 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Doxo has added support for Apple Pay as a payment option as of today:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/03/21/bill-payment-app-doxo-adds-apple-pay-option-to-pay-45000-services

I’ve personally never used Doxo before, but I love using Apple Pay. Has anyone else used Doxo, and how convenient is it to pay bills with it versus paying the billing merchant direct?

Nathan Parker

• #344605 Reply

Lugh
      AskWoody_MVP

Has anyone else used Doxo

I haven’t, but I’ve heard of it and it has a good reputation. Jeff Bezos is one of the investors, and its HQ is near him in Seattle.

Here’s a PC Mag review from 2016 which rates it as ‘Good’.

Lugh.
      ~
      Alienware Aurora R6; Win10 Home x64 1803; Office 365 x32
      i7-7700; GeForce GTX 1060; 16GB DDR4 2400; 2 x 256G SSD, 4TB HD

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #344758 Reply

OscarCP
        AskWoody Plus

I just tried using Lugh’s link to the article in PC Mag, but Waterfox put up a message that the site is not properly configured and included in this message the advice that is not safe to proceed trying to connect to that site. So I did not…

• #344762 Reply

Lugh
          AskWoody_MVP

PC Mag … site is not properly configured … not safe to proceed

Quite right Oscar, I get the same invalid certificate error and warning. If it was a site I didn’t know, I wouldn’t continue either.

I’ve read PC Mag since the 80s so I trust them. My assumption is that someone forgot to renew one of their sub-domains’ certs and they’re still safe—I’ve seen that happen a number of times with otherwise safe well-run sites.

That said, caution with unfamiliar sites is a wise default position.

Lugh.
          ~

• #344744 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Good review. Has anyone else also used Mint Bills which the review mentions as a comparison? I wonder how Doxo compares with Mint Bills.

Right now I pay the majority of my bills online to the provider directly. Some offer Apple Pay support, some don’t, so if I could move more of my bills to Apple Pay, that would be great.

Nathan Parker

• #344763 Reply

Lugh
        AskWoody_MVP

Has anyone else also used Mint Bills

Mint Bills doesn’t exist anymore. Intuit bought its predecessor Check, and Mint Bills was a sort of transition solution while they merged the functionality into Mint.com, which was completed a couple of years ago.

Lugh.
        ~

• #344784 Reply

Nathan Parker
      AskWoody_MVP

Got it. I use QuickBooks for accounting. I normally pay my bills direct, but the more I could use Apple Pay, the better. I may check into Doxo.

Nathan Parker

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Doxo Adds Support for Apple Pay

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.