Woody Leonhard's no-bull news, tips and help for Windows, Office and more… Please disable your ad blocker – our (polite!) ads help keep AskWoody going!
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Driver just shows in wushowhide

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Windows 10 version 1803 – April 2018 Update Driver just shows in wushowhide

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EP 3 weeks ago.

• Author

anonymous

Win Pro 1803, Group A, Group Update setting 2, Semi-Annual, Feature delay 365 days, Quality delay 0 days.  Also have Group Policy set to not download drivers.

Recently noticed for the first time, when I run wushowhide “show” there is a Realtek Bluetooth driver update there.

I have not checked it to hide, it has never shown up to download, and it doesn’t go away? It does appear to be the most current driver as the install of 1803 changed many of my drivers to Generic or MS ones – which I was advised in another post to leave alone as long as they are working.

Any ideas why now and only this 1 driver update?  Should I just check it to hide and leave it alone?

• #233743 Reply

PKCano
      AskWoody MVP

We normally do not recommend installing drivers from MS. To be sure it is not installed in Win10. there is a setting in Group Policy to exclude drivers. Or you could simply hide it.

• #233759 Reply

anonymous

I agree with your comments.  If you note, I said:

Also have Group Policy set to not download drivers

Yet there it is.  Was checking to see why it shows up anyway, is available to hide – but I didn’t yet, and though it shows/is not hidden/it never shows as an available Download?

• #236646 Reply

EP
      AskWoody MVP

sometimes is doesn’t always work if the driver is part of a “critical” update.

I sometimes get that with an old HP computer with Win10 and Windows Update is offering me a Realtek HD Audio driver and I had to use wushowhide.diagcab to actually hide it – perhaps because I was using the generic MS HD audio driver (hdaudio.sys) and not the Realtek audio driver.

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Driver just shows in wushowhide

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Comments are closed.