News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • DRM Converter problems

Posted on Mark L Olson Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 DRM Converter problems

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        Mark L Olson
        AskWoody Plus

I recently purchased DRM Converter which converts Audible books to mp3s which I can use in my car. It appears to do it by using the Audible app to play the audio into a virtual speaker which it then records from.

*Unfortunately* it installed around 15 duplicate virtual speakers all labelled “DrmCAudio” all of which show up in my Sound control panel.  I’d like to get rid of them — how can I do this?

(I’ve about given up on DRM Converter.  Their tech support never responded to my post, and the thing is so slow as to be near useless. (The book I’m trying to convert is around 24 hours, DRM Converter seems to run a 1:1 time, and I can’t have sound turned off on my computer for 24 hours!)

Suggestions of alternative packages would be welcome.

• #2210995 Reply
        anonymous

Open Device Manager, you should see a section name Audio inputs and outputs these duplicate speaker outputs could be uninstalled as Administrator.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2211006 Reply
        Ascaris
        AskWoody_MVP

Perhaps you could create a virtual machine and use the converter software within that?  It would not speed it up, but at least it would allow your regular audio to function outside of the VM.

Group "L" (KDE Neon User Edition 5.18.4).

1 user thanked author for this post.
      • #2211377 Reply
        Mark L Olson
        AskWoody Plus

Perhaps you could create a virtual machine and use the converter software within that?  It would not speed it up, but at least it would allow your regular audio to function outside of the VM.

That’s a very clever idea, but what a pain! At least I now have a fall-back if there isn’t a cleaner solution. Thanks!

• #2211548 Reply
        anonymous

Finding a worthwhile fully automatic solution is difficult, while trying to find this software many odd results were displayed which requires in depth research to verify them for quality.

This conversion task seems to be a grey area or not, may and does violate the agreement set forth by Amazon’s/Audible’s lawyers. There is a company overseas which offers an automated solution, but the forum rules and moderators will prohibit posting links to software which may be dubious in nature.

Does your phone have a headphone jack or does Amazon sell a purpose made Audible book player?

There exist legal well known and reputed audio editors.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: DRM Converter problems

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.