News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more. Tech help. No bull. We're community supported by donations from our Plus Members, and proud of it
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon
  • Easy way to install individual updates Win10?

Posted on blueboy714 Comment on the AskWoody Lounge

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 10 Questions: Win10 Easy way to install individual updates Win10?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  blueboy714 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

blueboy714
      AskWoody Plus

I was curious if there is an easy in Win10 to install individual updates – so that I install the critical updates that I know work – rather than the take it all or nothing that MS seems to decided on for Win10.  I know that are bringing back the individual updates like they had with Win7, but that isn’t going to be for a while.

So far the easiest way to select individual updates to install seems to be modifying the registry through about 50 steps.

Is there an easy way to select the critical updates that don’t have any issues (according to Ask Woody and Susan the Patch Lady) or do I just wait until MS gets their Win10 house in order and provides updates that work the first time rather than a dozen additional fixes to fix the issues that MS created?  Do I just wait until we reach DEFCON-3 again?

Thanks – blueboy714

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  blueboy714.
    • #1980279 Reply

PKCano
      Da Boss

Win10 updates are cumulative. There are no individual updates.
      There is a Security CU released on Patch Tuesday (second Tuesday).
      All the rest (with the exception of a rare real Out-of-Band patch) are non-security Previews (which are cumulative as well) meant for testing. They are released on the 3rd and 4th Tuesdays (or later during the month).

• #1980281 Reply

blueboy714
      AskWoody Plus

Thanks – that’s what I was wondering.  I guess we have to wait for MS to actually learn how to test their updates before releasing them to the masses.  Wonderful… I will wait for MS-DEFCON3

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, and politics/religion are relegated to the Rants forum.

Reply To: Easy way to install individual updates Win10?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.