News, tips, advice, support for Windows, Office, PCs & more
Home icon Home icon Home icon Email icon RSS icon

We're community supported and proud of it!

• edge browser Beta updates

Home Forums AskWoody support Windows Windows 7 Questions: Windows 7 edge browser Beta updates

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Author
        anonymous

Hi guys,
        The other day i clicked on “about microsoft edge” in edge settings menu and it checked for and updated the browser fine. My issue is the update is (Beta) version not a stable channel version. So how can i set edge to NOT install beta versions? I only want stable updates., I don’t want to be a beta tester!

Thanks everyone

b
        AskWoody MVP

There’s no easy switch between Beta and Stable, so uninstall Beta and download Stable.

You may want to export favorites to an HTML file first for later import if you have many yet.

(If you signed into Edge with a Microsoft Account you could sync all settings between them before uninstalling the beta.)

Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.1263 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

anonymous

Hello, I think my question may be misunderstood? I already have edge on my computer and works fine but when i clicked on the 3 dots top right … than click on settings than on “about microsoft edge” I see that edge has updated to Version 92.0.902.62 (Official build) (64-bit). On microsoft edge release notes site it is saying this is a (beta version) not a stable channel version. I simply do not want BETA updates to edge only stable updates and was hoping someone here could tell me what setting to change to block/stop beta updates.

b
        AskWoody MVP

The latest version for both Beta and Stable is 92.0.902.62, but annoyingly the release notes for the Stable channel seem to lag behind reality by a few days.

If you were getting Beta channel updates it would say so at Settings, About and on the Edge icon:

About-Edge-Beta

About-Edge-Stable

Windows 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.1263 + Microsoft 365 (group ASAP)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by b.
        • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by b.
        • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by b. Reason: Deleted different dates for latest Beta/Stable updates
        1 user thanked author for this post.
        anonymous

okay, i got it b and thank you kindly for clearing this up for me.

have a good one!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        b
    Viewing 4 reply threads

Please follow the -Lounge Rules- no personal attacks, no swearing, no politics or religion.

Reply To: edge browser Beta updates

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
    Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.